Side note: anyone remember that Dashboard Confessional song, Hey Girl, from back in the day?
One of my favorite lyrics from it was “The world lives for the weekend.” I never really understood the meaning of that phrase until recently. Step #1745 in becoming an adult.
Enjoy the link’s!
1. I really enjoyed Mark Bittman’s “Rethinking Our ‘Rights’ to Dangerous Behaviors.” It proposes a unique frame for the processed foods/ obesity debate.
2. Justine Musk continuously inspires me.
3. An interesting article on why moderation is health.
4. This article about the power of hooping & why it’s great for the soul really resonated.
5. As a novice writer (aka engineer trying to write a blog), I loved this.
1. This Amtrak promotion is pretty cool.
2. I’m sympathetic to the overall aim of the organic movement, but some skepticism is merited.
3. I always enjoy reading about people who buck convention when it makes all the sense (and dollars..*rimshot*) in the world to do so.
4. I also enjoy reading opinion pieces that are moderate and reasonable in tone, rather than the usual demagoguery.
5. Finally, ewwwwww.