I started following Lindsey at The Lean Green Bean a year or so ago. Initially I found her site when I was looking for more information about the benefits of walking 10k steps per day (which I’m now a huge proponent of).
In addition to learning about Lindsey’s Fitbit journey, I found her blog to have a wealth of information about health eating and exercise. She also runs this really sweet program called “Foodie Penpals.”
Which brings me to this post. In the beginning of the month I signed up for the program and a few days later got paired with another blogger. We each sent each other a box of goodies.
Natalie from Free Range Human was my pal this month, and she sent me a pretty awesome box. (And if you’re reading this Natalie, thank you so much!)
- Bear Naked Granola: Granola was actually on my grocery list for this week because I haven’t had it in a while. Also, look at the protein count!
- Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter: I have stared at this so many times at the store and then not bought it. One spoonful and I realized how silly I’ve been
- Thrifty Bee Honey: mm so good, it has been going in my oatmeal all week!
- Reese’s Hearts: I have been savoring these (holiday Reese’s > everyday Reese’s, every time)
- Nature’s Harvest poppin’ sweet nut popcorn: unfortunately this exploded in the box (and Rascal subsequently gnawed through the corner of the box- I think his popcorn problem is my fault). The rest of it was gone in days!
I really enjoyed everything in the box and I cannot wait to do this again next month.
Oh, and Godiva was really excited about it too.
Possibly too excited…
ps. No need to have a blog to participate. Just visit this page to sign up!